Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Time to start Preschool

Well, the day is almost here...and of course I'm excited for the free time. But I'm also nervous for how the boys will adjust. They have been such mama's boys for so long, that I'm afraid it'll be hard for them to let go. Me? nah...I'm all set. I'm ready for them to take flight.

I also worry that they'll have a hard time fitting in with the routine and following the rules...we don't so much have what you'd call "structure" around this joint. We go with the flow. In other words: I SUCK. At least we have a lot of fun...

One more worry...the twin thing. I saw the first hint of it tonight at the preschool orientation meeting. We took them outside when it was over and they were swinging. Max wanted to go on the see saw. Oliver didn't. I suggested that he could ride it with another child who was standing nearby. Max replied, "No, it has to be Oliver." eeeeek. This should be really good for them...slowly stretch those boundaries, expand their comfort zone.

Their expanding little minds amaze me, though. They ask such intricate questions, and seem to crave knowing all the answers. It's not a mindless string of "why?"s, but an intense need to discover the way the world works. They asked today how a motor works. Cameron explained it to them. Then they had more questions. And they seem to really grasp a lot more of it than I would have guessed they could. I try to answer their questions in a simple, straightforward manner, but they seem to prefer Cameron's answers...male minds, I guess. I'm just glad he has such a good memory for all those details. Me, i get the general idea of how stuff works and why, but to explain it to a brand new mind...not easy.

That's enough for today. Next time I'll try to write a bunch of the cutesy stuff they've been doing.

Mama out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home