Saturday, May 07, 2005

just need to vent a little...

my kids wear me out.
I guess I was getting spoiled, for a while there.
hubby home from work on time every night.
home every weekend.
and we had babysitters at our beck and call--
so we had dates at least once a week.
now...
he's not often home before the kids are in bed,
and weekends are busy.
no babysitters around,
so we've only had a handful of dates since February.
I guess this probably explains this feeling...
this suffocation.
this extreme lack of patience with the huggable little jabberjaws.
they don't stop talking--
ever.
it's awesome, and I'm really glad they have such amazingly sharp and inquisitive little minds...
but
jesus.
there are some questions that cannot be put into 4-year-old answers,
and some that simply have no answer.
I think I need to be more creative with them--
or at least not so hell bent on giving them such precise and correct answers.
it's important, though...
because they remember every damn thing.
so if I shrug off an answer to a question that they need to build on later,
it will cause problems.
they are obsessed with the RPMs on the car.
they want me to rev the engine so they can see the needle reach redline.
they warn me repeatedly to not push it to 7, because then the engine will explode...
that's what their dad told them.
every damn "No" sign has to be explained to them, repeatedly.
"Mom, what does a circle with a line through it and a bike mean?"
no bikes on the freeway.
no people walking on the freeway.
no big trucks allowed on this road.
no u turns
no left turns
no right turns
no smoking
no pets
no parking
no shoes
no shirt
no service...

and did I mention how freaking adorable they are?
love them to smithereens.
just need more breaks, I guess.
(friggin wuss!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Geralynn Baty said...

I really can appreciate how you felt about venting on this particular day. My two kids are awesome, yet... They wear me out. Nice blog. I'm just barely getting mine going. Take care,
Gerald from Alabama.

7:54 AM, December 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home